Seven years ago , I took one of the greatest actions of my life, I traveled solo to Paris. I was in my early 20ies and i really enjoyed it! I booked a plane to start one of the best adventures of my life.
Through traveling, I was able to live out another culture and see the world through a new lens. I was able to adapt in new situations...
Traveling opens your eyes and mind to so many different lifestyles and to the fact that there is a whole world out there to learn from.
Here’s a list of what solo backpacking has taught me:
- I am a good friend to myself: My best friend used to say: "You travel alone because you are enjoying your own company, you are a good friend of yourself", and I guess she is right.
- You are the same person: Your behavior-attitude etc.. are the same even if you are in a different land with strangers
- I am solo but never lonely: You can create your own happiness & make new friends
- Don't count on others, count on yourself only
- Talk to strangers. They’ll teach you more than you could ever imagine.
- How small me & my problems are in this big world
- This big world is mine and I can discover it alone!
Must Try, because when you love the world, the world loves you back ;)