Why we buy the products we buy? What is neuromarketing? Is everything we believe about why we buy is wrong ? Martin Lindstrom has all the answers and more in his book Buy-Ology that i am reading now and i recommended to all marketers and customers. You will discover in this book::
- Cigarette warning labels actually encourage smoking.
- Product placement only works if the brand has a logical and integral function in the storyline.
- People purchase goods and services that they think will help them be more like the people they admire.
- Subliminal advertising works, and may be more powerful than a logo.
- Products enjoy greater brand loyalty if they are associated with a ritual or superstition.
- People react to strong brands in the same way that they react to religious icons.
- Advertisements that appeal to multiple senses are more effectual than those that rely on vision alone.
- Sex and beauty don’t always sell.